CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
We welcome our family and friends to follow along on this incredible journey God has planned for us... adopting a babygirl from China.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Referrals arrived at CHI today....

Wow.... OMG! Did not expect the referrals would come today. But I was super excited when I got the call from Christina Ortwein of CHI today at 1:06 pm that our referral for Maelyne has arrived. No other information was given but I was crying and shaking and I could not think straight. I was at work. Our prayers have been answered!!! I thanked God for He is wonderful and He does great things. We have a daughter!!!
After 20 minutes, Rebecca Davis, also from CHI called to give me some information about her. Still cannot believe the waiting for the referral is over but here's what we know about Maelyne so far...

Name: Ling Cha Yi (no idea what it means yet)
DOB: February 10, 2008 (year of the "Rat")
Province: Jiangxi (presently living in the Shangrao Children's Welfare Institute)
Height: 66 cm
Weight: 6.58 kg
Head circ: 42 cm
Chest circ: 41.5 cm

Measurements were taken in September 2008 (updated after we received the referral package).

Henry has just barely started his work shift at the post office. Unfortunately, cellphones are not allowed in the building so I could not talk to him then. I called and left him a bunch of voicemail and text messages though. I finally spoke with him around 5:00 pm and he was ecstatic to hear the wonderful news! He did not come home though until 10:00 at night and that's the first time we saw each other since I got the great news. We just hug so tight, speechless but overjoyed. We are now a family of three!!!

The packet is being sent overnight from CHI, MO and should arrive sometime tomorrow. Don't know who the carrier is but we'll find out. So, Henry and I are staying home tomorrow to wait for the delivery person. We should have pictures of our daughter tomorrow. OMG! We can't wait to see her pictures. We will share with family and friends as soon as the packet arrives. YEAHHHHHHH...........

We know the night is long but we'll try to get some sleep....

0 comments: